[OPEN CALL] Indonesian Artists for Third Edition of Arisan Karya
Calling all Indonesian artists to participate in the final round of Arisan Karya!
16.07.2020 – 19.07.2020
About Arisan Karya's Open Call
Due to global physical distancing, all physical experiences in art appreciation are being forced to stop. However, interaction and support within the art community is much needed amid crisis. Virtual platform has made it possible to keep this supportive interaction alive.
That was the origin of Arisan Karya (translates to 'artwork raffle'), a drive designed to revive interaction within a circle of support for the art community and art lovers. We hope that Arisan Karya could be a start for many other drives that support artists, art workers and the public.
We invite artists from all disciplines - painters, sculptors, printmakers, ceramicists, fiber artists, new media artists, performance artists, video artists, art collectives, and other mixed media artists - to submit works, whch will be selected by Museum MACAN's curatorial team. Selected works will be displayed on www.shop.museummacan.org. On 28 July – 2 August 2020, public can show their support by getting numbered coupon priced at IDR1 million. Supporters will discover the artwork(s) they get during the Live Raffle (3 August 2020).
Each coupon is worth Rp1 million. From the total proceeds, 70% would be donated to the artists or the charities of their choice. The balance is used to facilitate other components of the program — including a small stipend for 6 selected arts managers across Indonesia, who will help to coordinate the program; the implementation of a small training program for these arts managers, as well as the development of content for the public (including art tips, workshops at home, or talks).
Open Call is running until 19 July 2020. All participants will be notified of selection by 23 July 2020.
1. Museum MACAN will accept applications from artists in all mediums, including but not limited to painting, sculpture, prints, photography, video, and performance. Please note that we encourage artists to submit unique works or artwork with a very limited edition
2. All artworks must be original work of the applicants
3. For the avoidance of doubt, the applicants hereby warrant that they own the copyright to their artworks and further warrant that their artwork contains no feature or aspect or material that constitutes a breach (or potential/anticipatory breach) of a third party’s intellectual property
4. Every artist may submit up to 3 (three) works to be selected by Museum MACAN’s curatorial team. If selected, the artworks will be included in Arisan Karya
5. Limited edition artworks (e.g. photographs, digital works, prints or sculptures) must not have been produced in more than five numbered copies with an additional three artist's proofs. In such cases, the artwork must be signed and numbered, and the artist must include a declaration stating the edition number of the artwork and total editions made
6. Dimensions: all two-dimensional artworks (including frame or mounting) should not exceed 100 cm x 100 cm, and should not be more than 5 cm in depth. Composite artworks must fit within these dimensions when assembled
7. Dimensions: all three-dimensional artwork should not exceed 40 x 50 x 30 cm
8. Weight: all artworks that are ready to be sent complete with a frame or holder, protective coating or outer wrapping may not exceed 10kg in weight
9. Artists selected in the program must include completed works of art, but it is not required to use a frame for two-dimensional work or pedestal for three-dimensional work
10. All artists are responsible for sending their works to the nearest Regional Coordinator in Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Surabaya or Bali. For artists who are far from these locations, the Regional Coordinator will communicate the most efficient delivery system
11. All artworks MUST to be located in Indonesia
12. All artists featured in the program will complete the submission process through the signing of an agreement between the artist and Museum MACAN.
13. Submit your artwork(s) by clicking the button below. We encourage artists to prepare their short bios, artist statements, or artwork descriptions in bahasa Indonesia.