Open Source History: Mapping Art Exhibitions in Indonesia
13 - 14 March 2018
This initiative will see participants work together to write about art exhibitions in Indonesia from the 1900s to 2000s. The writings will enter the public domain, accessible through Wikipedia pages.
The initiative is an extension of the Museum’s Exhibition Histories timeline From Seteleng to Biennale developed by Agung Hujatnika and Charles Esche, co-curators of the Museum’s inaugural exhibition, Art Turns. World Turns., which runs until March 18.
This project is developed in partnership with Wikimedia Indonesia
- This initiative is open to the public. We encourage participation from a wide range of disciplines interested in Indonesian art and history
- The list of existing exhibition histories can be accessed through this link
- Participants are to create new Wikipedia pages from listed exhibitions
- Alternatively, participants may add other exhibitions within the timeframe into the list
- Ideally, entries should include details exhibitions, links to images, and links to analysis
- Entries can be written in English or Bahasa Indonesia
- Entries must conform to Wikipedia standards
- Registration opens from 15 February 2018 - 7 March 2018
- Participants can start writing any time after registration
- The Museum will host a gathering in Jakarta on 13 – 14 March 2018. This is an open event where further additions, discussions, and presentations will be made
How to participate
Sign up to the Museum MACAN newsletter
by signing up your e-mail. Receive a monthly newsletter for
upcoming exhibitions and public programs.